Beauty and the Beast Tips

views
replies
Last post made 5 years ago by Doble A
lipstick_xoxos

Readers of this topic also read:

Please or register to post or comment.

• Hi Bingo Lovers!

I was sitting here thinking about how much I love cookies. I found some tips to avoid eating those sweet little artery cloggers and thought I might share them with you. If you're a fellow cookie lover, read on.

cookie-monster.jpg

Oatmeal consists of good carbohydrates that lower cholesterol level. They also contain fat soluble fiber, which helps in flushing out the toxins from your body. Hence, consider eating the oatmeal options instead of flour-based cookies. DOES THIS MEAN I CAN EAT OATMEAL COOKIES???

Green tea is loaded with antioxidants, which aids in fighting cancer and since it enhances the metabolism, it helps in faster digestion of foods. On the other hand, the regular café latte contains approximately 190 calories. So, in place of regular café latte you can begin to take green tea to avoid the extra calories. SO NO COOKIES WITH MY GREEN TEA???

Hmm, I'm thinking I'm definitely not going to be the biggest loser. I have a better idea! I'll eat cookies and play bingo at Biggest Bingo!

Have a great week!

Source: fitnessihub.com

• Yes I'm a cookie freak.  I love dark chocolate covered biscuits (dunked in my tea), choccy chip cookies and flapjacks (which have oats in them).

Thanks for the tips Froggy.

blue

• I love cookies with my coffee. But i do have green tea. So i will have that at nite before i go to bed to burn off the morning cookie  ;D ;D

• Hello My Little Pull Tabs!

This one is for the guys. I am doing you a favor and providing you a list of what NOT to buy your woman for Valentine's Day. If you want any romance you will steer clear of all items on this list!

angry-woman-on-valentines-day.jpg

AVOID:

1. Flannel pj's

2. Any items to do with cooking

3. Any items to do with cleaning

4. Any items to do with serving you

5. Any items that will benefit you including lingerie. (She will choose what SHE is comfortable in on her own)

6. Gift certificate for a cosmetic surgical procedure

7. Fat free sugar free chocolates

I personally don't want anything stuffed either. I have no use for a stuffed piggy holding a heart that sings La Bamba.

If you really want to make her happy this Valentine's Day mention those three little words......

Big Heart Bingo!

Have a happy Valentine's Day! ♥

• I know I'm not a guy and your tips this week were aimed at the men in our lives and the "don't buy" list is great but I would like to add a number 8 if I may.

8.  No plastic roses.

I hate those darn things.  They just gather dust and you can't do much with 'em.

Cheers Froggy.

blue

• Great advice for the fellas froggy!!

Omg you crack me up blue...no plastic roses!! Does that mean they can be silk polyester  LOL LOL

• LOL LOL LOL  lol Lips - no.

If it isn't real, men shouldn't bother.  Maybe that should read "no FAKE roses".

blue

• No fake flowers of any kind! Let's be clear ladies  LOL

• Hey toothpaste is awesome for mosquito bites! Just put a dab of toothpaste on the bite, and let it dry! Stops it from itching like crazy!

• I attract mosquito like you wouldn't believe. I've heard about the "X" in the middle to made it stop itching but the toothpaste is definitely a new one. I will keep that in mind this summer.

Thanks crzygirl1980!

• Hello Bingo Chickies!

The Indian art of Mehndi is absolutely beautiful. Aside from it's beauty it is natural and non-permanent.

beautiful-mehndi-design.jpg

Mehndi - Culture Yesterday Fashion Today

There is something mesmerizing about mehndi and it’s no wonder that the ancient form of hand and feet painting has captivated many in the West. It’s in the intricate designs that take hours to create, the deep crimson color which shines clearly on the skin, the earthy aroma that fills the air …see for yourself.

Fashion is a funny thing. It allows an age-old tradition to suddenly become trendy and hip. Such is the case for the recent craze that has colored the West in the form of mehndi, more popularly known as henna. It’s cool, it’s ethnic, it’s hip. The demand for Mehndi supplies and do-it-yourselfkits is coming from all corners of the globe, including the U.S., Canada and countries all over Europe. There is even a Henna Page Discussion Forum on the Internet, where curious minds can ask questions and share stories about the art.

Intrigued by the creation of beautiful designs on the body, henna is being used by women worldwide as a mode of self-expression. But tell a person from the Indian sub-continent that mehndi is hip and they will look at you with bewilderment, because the art has been a part of their culture for centuries. More than just attractive designs, the use of mehndi is intimately connected to the tradition and culture of India.

Actually, the first tracings of henna were found in North Africa, on the hands of Egyptian mummies, dating back to the year 5000 B.C. It was believed that applying henna to the hands and feet would ward off evil. In India, the use of henna has its beginnings in the northern part of the country, during the 12th century when it was introduced by the Mughal rulers.

Mehndi became most familiar when Rajasthani women started using it as a symbol of art and design. Similar to the tradition of ceremonial floor painting in Rajasthan, known as mandana, mehndi uses motifs from ancient history, including the folk tales and mythology of India. Numerous folk songs and proverbs also exist about mehndi.

As a symbol of prosperity and good fortune, mehndi continues to play a major role in modern Indian society, particularly during important occasions like weddings. Even today, a special day is allotted in an Indian marriage for the application of henna on the bride, as well as family members and friends. It is yet another example of how modern Indian society has carried on an ancient popular tradition. But mehndi is not exclusive to weddings, in fact, it is used on numerous occasions, like Holi, Diwali, Rakshabandhan, Teej and Nagpanchami.

The designs originate from the practices followed on these occasions and represent specific objects, dresses, floral designs, leaves, flowers and birds associated with the festival. Popular designs include the scorpion, a symbol of love and romance in Rajasthan, as well as the peacock, the lotus flower and the fish.

Mehndi has a special role during Karva Chauth, celebrated mostly in North India in the month of October. On this occasion, women take the day off, apply mehndi, dress in their wedding clothes and fast for the well-being of their husbands until they see the moon at night. Although the art is used primarily for decoration today, the use of mehndi is expressive of a distinct culture and bond that is created between women on such occasions. Different emotions and characteristics of their lives can be seen in the art work and the designs themselves reveal many sublime aspects of women’s culture.

No doubt, the henna craze in the West will die out in due course, just as all fads do. But in India, the art will remain a part of the cultural tradition that has thrived in the country for centuries.

ABOUT HENNA

Henna is made from the leaves of the shrub for which it is named after. The red dye is extracted from the leaves and twigs of the henna shrub, found in not climate regions of the world like India, the Middle East and North Africa. The shrub is then ground into a powder, and mixed with hot water to from a dark green paste. In order to make intricate designs on the hands and feet, the paste is packed in a cone for easy decoration.

Although henna has been marketed in the West as a quick and easy way of “tattooing”, it is more accurately a form of staining or painting, since the dye is temporary and usually lasts 12 days. Application of henna is a serious art, taking hours to create exclusive designs. But experimentation with designs by a novice can also be extremely rewarding. Two distinct styles have emerged, one more geometrical, using straight lines and triangles, the other more creative, expressive and imaginative.

There are two varieties of mehndi, Hina Menhadi and Rajani. Of the two, Rajani is the variety know for its fragrance and shining bright color. The minute and more intricate designs require the use of this finer quality paste.

Apart from decoration, henna is used as a dye for hair and for healing sores. During the hot Indian summers, henna also acts as cooling agent when applied to the palm of the hands and the soles of the feet.

Once you've got your new look visit Posh Bingo to see their's.

Have a beautiful weekend!

Source: indiaprofile.com

• Very interesting beauty tips here froggy. I have used henna on my hair and it makes its shine like nothing else i have ever used before.

Finding pure henna is tough to find. A lot stores that carry it have a small percentage of henna in it and it's not the same as the real deal.

There is even clear henna with no color at all. Just coats the hair shaft and protects with an awesome shine.

Lips

• Hi Bingo Lovers!

When I think about some of the beauty products out there it scares me to think of what we expose ourselves to. I switched to mineral powder for my face a few years back and kissed my breakouts goodbye. That's a great product in my book! Here's some tips that won't dip into your bingo money.

funny-pictures-kitten-has-a-beautiful-crocodile.jpg

Natural Beauty Tips

Sleeping on your back will prevent many wrinkles and breakouts on your face, and even wrinkles in your cleavage area.

Wearing clothes that are tight make you look heavier. Even a slim girl can bulge over too-tight jeans.

Put on a coat of clear nail polish before a colored polish to keep your nails from discoloring.

If you are unhappy with a hair conditioner, it will still make a great "shaving cream" for your legs in the shower.

When shaving, don't stretch the skin or you could cause ingrown hairs by shaving hair off slightly under the skin.

Sleeping on two or three pillows at a time, or on an Acid Reflux Sleep Wedge will help get rid of dark circles under your eyes.

After washing your face, rinse in cold water (fair-skinned people should use cool instead of cold) to close the pores and tighten the facial muscles.

If you are out of quick-dry spray for nails, dip your fingers into a bowl of ice-cold water. (Don't to touch the sides of the bowl.) Your nails will dry very quickly.

Clean hair brushes occasionally with dish soap and borax. In a dishpan of very warm water, add 1/2 cup of borax and a few drops of liquid dish soap. Swish the brushes to stir, rinse, and let air dry. Scrub any stubborn spots with a used toothbrush.

Love yourself all natural and Love Bingo!

Source: safenaturaltips.com

• St. Patrick's Day is around the corner!! Along with wearin of the green and a whole of kissing going on here is a meal that all bingo leprechauns are feasting on.........

Irish Soda Bread

th_IRISHSODA.jpg

Ingredients

4 cups of unbleached all purpose flour

1 teaspoon of baking soda

1 teaspoon of salt

14 ounces of Buttermilk

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Grease a Dutch oven and preheat it in the 425 degree oven for about 15 minutes, while you prepare the dough.

In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center and slowly pour in the buttermilk, incorporating it into the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon a little at a time.

Once you have it all mixed together into sticky dough, turn it out onto a floured cutting board and knead lightly (too much kneading will make the gas escape).

Form the dough into a ball and flatten slightly into a disc shape. Dip a sharp knife in flour and cut an X mark across the top of the dough.

Place the dough into the preheated Dutch oven, cover with the lid and bake for 30 minutes.

Remove the lid and bake another 15 minutes.

Remove from the oven and enjoy.

Corn beef and Cabbage

th_corned-beef-and-cabbage-recipe.jpg

Prep Time: 10 Minutes

Cook Time: 2 Hours 25 Minutes

Ready In: 2 Hours 35 Minutes

Servings: 5

This traditional Irish dish is the centerpiece for many a St. Patrick’s Day table. Pre-seasoned corned beef – available at most grocery stores – takes a long, lovely simmer with potatoes, carrots and cabbage for a hearty and satisfying dish.

Ingredients:

3 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet

10 small red potatoes

5 carrots, peeled and julienned

1 large head cabbage, cut into small wedges

Directions:

1. Place corned beef in large pot or Dutch oven and cover with water. Add the spice packet that came with the corned beef. Cover pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer approximately 50 minutes per pound or until tender.

2. Add whole potatoes and carrots, and cook until the vegetables are almost tender. Add cabbage and cook for 15 more minutes. Remove meat and let rest 15 minutes.

3. Place vegetables in a bowl and cover. Add as much broth (cooking liquid reserved in the Dutch oven or large pot) as you want. Slice meat across the grain.

[green]Wash it down with your favorite beer! But don't forget to add a couple drops of green food coloring!

th_green-beer-mr-article-l.jpg

After dinner may the luck of the Irish be with you at Ready Set Bingo

luckyclover.jpg

Cheers!!!

• I love Irish soda bread but I can't bake  :'( I'll give it another shot and see what happens.

Quick Reply

Please enter your comment.

lbb activities in the last 24 hours

Most viewed forum topics

Feelin froggy<
Feelin froggy United Kingdom 2 months ago

Hi LBB'ers! New listing, Money Reels , was recently tested by our very own From the Players for the Players reviewer. This is yet another Jumpman Gaming brand with an array of promotions and games...
Real Money Deposit/Withdrawal Process at Money Reels

Feelin froggy<
Feelin froggy United Kingdom 2 months ago

Hi LBB'ers! Register with Bingo Loft and claim our exclusive welcome offer upon first deposit! Sign up via our link here . Add £10, Play with £40 + 60 Spins Code: SUPER 1st-time...
LBB Exclusive | Bingo Loft Welcome Offer

Feelin froggy<
Feelin froggy United Kingdom 1 month ago

Hi LBB'ers! Bingo Crazy was the focus of our latest real money review. We tested the brand on January 30, 2024. Our tester experienced a selection of bingo rooms and slots. We're also happy to report...
Real Money Deposit/Withdrawal Process at Bingo Crazy