Beauty and the Beast Tips

views
replies
Last post made 5 years ago by Doble A
lipstick_xoxos

Readers of this topic also read:

Please or register to post or comment.

• Hi Darling Dabbers!

Many of us are preparing for the gardening season. I came across a recipe to improve the quality of your soil. A bingo babe has gotta help her fellow bingo babes!

divas.jpg

Rot Gut Tonic

1 tsp Gypsum

1 tsp Epsom Salt

1 Heaping shovel compost (mushroom compost should work)

Mix all together and add a trowel full to the hole when planting.

Gypsum is known to improve poor soil conditions and Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate which has increases chlorophyll production and help plants use phosphorus and nitrogen better. In other words, it's good for your plants.

Oh and make sure your plants get plenty of Sun. Happy gardening!

Source: dealdetectingdiva.com

• Thanks for giving us the dirt on dirt froggy!!

• Hi Bingo Babes!

It's that time again. Time to pull out your grills and fill your tummies with smoky flavor. There's quite a few types of wood that will add a nice aroma and subtle taste.

imgres-1.jpg

Popular woods used for grilling, barbecuing, and smoking food include the following:

Alder

Alder is most often used for grilling and smoking salmon. It is also used for other species of fish, poultry, small game birds, and pork, providing a subtle, sweet flavor to the meat.

Apple

Apple wood provides a sweet, fruity flavor to most meats but is especially good for smoking ham. The wood is dense and very hard in texture.

Beech

Generally readily available, this hardwood provides a flavor similar to oak and several other hardwoods. The wood of the beechnut produces a mild, somewhat delicate smoked flavor. Since it is a hardwood, it remains longer for smoking before it turns to ash.

Blackberry

Much like the woods provided from fruit trees, the small diameter trunks of the blackberry bush provides a slightly sweet and delicate flavor for grilling poultry and other meats, such as small game birds like grouse, pheasant, partridge, and quail.

Birch

A softer wood, birch is best used when grilling or smoking cuts of pork and poultry, providing a flavor similar to some varieties of maple.

Cedar

A very common wood used to grill fish, poultry and various meats such as pork and beef. White or red cedar are the species most often available, which provide a distinctive natural and aromatic flavoring for a variety of foods. Salmon and other types of fish are often grilled or smoked using cedar.

Cherry

Cherry is used for all types of meat and like apple, it provides a subtle, sweet, fruity flavor to foods. Cherry can be used to grill and smoke turkey, chicken, small game birds, and pork.

Corncob

Although not considered to be a true wood, it is often used as a smoking chip when grilling foods such as poultry, fish and small game birds. The heart of the cob that holds the kernels is the fuel section of this alternative for wood. It is ground into small granular bits that can be added to a smoking box or it can be combined with other woods such as woods from fruit trees, to impart several flavors. The Corncob provides a sweet flavor that may overpower the food if too much is used to season the food as it cooks. Begin by trying small amounts until the desired flavor is achieved.

Grape Vine

Small in size, the chips from matured grape vines provides a flavor that is much like other species of trees bearing fruit. Somewhat sweet and fruity, the grape vine is most often used for poultry, small game birds, pork and sausage.

Hickory

Hickory is more common in the South, but is popular in many regions. It is used just as often if not more often than oak. Hickory provides a strong smoky bacon flavor and can be used for all types of meat, but is especially good for cuts of pork, wild game, chicken, and ribs.

Maple

Maple provides a mild, smoky and somewhat sweet flavor to foods. It is best used with pork, poultry, small game birds, and is often considered to be a good wood for grilling vegetables.

Mesquite

Mesquite burns very hot and provides a strong flavor to foods. Because of its more intense heat properties, it may burn too hot for some foods. It is very popular in Texas and the Southwest United States where it is most often used for grilling or smoking cuts of beef; however, it is also a good choice for a variety of other meats and vegetables as well.

Mulberry

When mulberry wood is burned, it produces a sweet smelling smoke similar to apple. It is a good choice for imparting flavor into poultry, fish, and pork.

Oak

Oak is one of the most often used woods because it is common in many regions of the country. It provides a good flavor without overpowering the food. It is used for all types of meat, poultry, and fish.

Peach

Similar to other fruit trees, the wood from a peach tree provides a somewhat sweet, fruity flavor. It is most often used for grilling pork or poultry; however, small game birds such as grouse, partridge, and quail are often grilled or smoked with peach wood chips.

Pear

Similar to peach and other fruit trees, the wood from a pear tree provides a somewhat sweet, fruity flavor. It is most often used for grilling pork or poultry; however, small game birds such as grouse, partridge, and quail are often grilled or smoked with pear wood chips.

Pecan

Pecan is popular in Louisiana and other Gulf Coast states. It provides a flavor similar to hickory, but not quite as strong. It can be used with most cuts of meat.

Pimento

Pimento is a tropical wood taken from theplant, Pimenta dioica, which is also referred to as Allspice, Jamaican Pepper, Myrtle Pepper, or Newspice. In some regions where this is available, the Pimento wood is used for grilling poultry and fish. Pimento wood adds a natural peppery flavor to food and it may also impart the flavors of several combined spices, such as cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg, which is similar to the flavor provided by allspice. Pimento is commonly used when grilling Jamaican foods such as jerk chicken.

Seaweed

Although not often thought of as a type of wood, seaweed is commonly used for smoking shellfish, such as clams, crab, lobster, mussels, and shrimp. The seaweed is washed to remove the salt and is then air or sun dried before use. It provides a some what spicy and natural flavor to the foods being smoked or grilled.

Walnut

Walnut is best used for red meats and strong tasting, heavy game because of the strong and somewhat bitter flavor it provides. It is often mixed with woods with milder flavors in order to provide a more subtle flavor to foods.

Wine or Whiskey Barrels

Woods that have been seasoned with aged beverages such as wine or whiskey impart the flavors of the blends through the years of use. Most often made from oak, the wood provides a light oaky taste that goes well with beef, poultry, and cheeses that are grilled or smoked.

Plank Grilling Board

Used to hold food while it is being grilled, a plank grilling board provides a moist and somewhat smoky flavor to the food as well as preserving the nutrients within the food. The use of wooden planks was introduced hundreds of years ago as a method to grill food over open fires. Plank grilling boards can be made from any of the types of wood described in this chart, as long as the wood is not chemically treated.

Mmm mm good! It's as easy as 123. Please contribute grilling recipes that you love and are willing to share.

Happy grilling and be safe this Spring and Summer.

Source: grillingtips.com

• Oh wow, just how many types of woods are out there that I have never even heard of...my goodness but now that I know so thanks froggy! ;D

One of my secret/favorite recipe is about to be revealed~

Grilled Green Onions

Ingredients:

* 1 bunch green onion

* 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper

* 2 tablespoons butter

picPi3A7H.jpg

1 Wash the onions thoroughly.

2. Place whole onions on a sheet of foil.

3. Place the butter over the onions.

4.Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.

5.Fold the foil over the onions and seal the edges so the butter steams the onions.

6.Place on a hot grill until warmed through, about 10 minutes.

7.Be careful when opening, the steam will be hot.

Ummmmm ummmmm Yum!!!

• I love onions on the grill! Been on a veggie kick lately. Grilling mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini or whatever else I can get my hands on. Just rub with olive oil, garlic salt, cayenne pepper and lots of black pepper. Place them all on skewers and grill away!

:D

• I could eat grill food all year long. Thanks for the all the smoking wood. Thats a great tip.

Love the green onions Nan have done that many times and they are awesome!

• Okay...that's it!!!

We are gonna have to get together and have a BBQ Party!!!

<:-P <:-P <:-P

• In that case, we're gonna need this!

19140328v4_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

• Hi Bingo Cards!

Spring is here and It wakes us out of our winter slumber. I don't know about you but I needed some new hair! Some hot hair! As I was looking around for the perfect style for me, I came across these hot Spring looks.

Hottest Haircuts for Spring 2011

th_hottesthaircutsforspringagynessdeyn.jpg

The Look: Undercut Bowl

How to get it: The bowl is a simple, classic cut made famous by the likes of Eva Cedric. This undercut version makes the bowl better than ever. By combining undercutting with asymmetry, it has a flatter, smoother look, extra length, and modern swing and movement. Locks are best styled with just a little hair crème and left to air-dry. Works great on women with petite features.

Celebrity inspiration: Agyness Deyn

th_hottesthaircutsforspringscarlettjohansson.jpg

The Look: Loose Texture

How to get it: If you fancy something still super cool, but perhaps a little longer, go for a mid-length shattered shape with loose, flexible texture and versatile styling options. This cut has a wispy, light feel with a piece-y texture and movement. It works great with soft edges and a sweeping side-parting, drawing attention to the beautiful features of the face.

Celebrity inspiration: Scarlett Johansson

th_hottesthaircutsforspringkeiraknightely.jpg

The Look: Classic Bob

How to get it: If you thought the bob was passé, guess again. Women are creating more movement to the style by either adding loose curls or layers. For a little more fun, you can always give yourself a '20s-inspired hairstyle by making the curls a little tighter and loosely pulling out the curls with your fingers into a desired shape.

Celebrity inspiration: Keira Knightly

th_hottesthaircutsforspringjanuaryjones.jpg

The Look: Collarbone Cuts

How to get it: A fresh look for spring comes two ways but is actually the same length. It sits at the collarbone or just a little below. The layers are on the longer side, or you may choose to wear bangs for an edgier look. You can wear it straight or with a loose curl. If the layers are longer, there should be more styling involved. Hot rollers or Velcro rollers are a good option. For maximum results, let them set for a few minutes. When you take the rollers out, brush hair lightly into a desired shape.

Celebrity inspiration: January Jones

Get yourself a Hollywood look fit for Bingo Hollywood!

Have a lucky week!

Source: stylelist.com

• Froggy the loose texture cut it so you guuuuuurrrrrrrlll!!

• Froggy the loose texture cut it so you guuuuuurrrrrrrlll!!

I do like it. It's a little short though and I wanted to keep some of the length.

• all i got to say is my woman better never come home with the undercut bowl. Theres nothing to run your fingers through. i aint a fan

• You romantic devil you! So which hairstyle would you want to run your fingers through tommy?

• Hi Bingo Babes!

I was thinking about possibly trying to get in shape. Then I stopped. Here's a list of sports that are sure to get you fit for summer!

lets-get-physical-sweet-16-theme.jpg

Top 10 Sports That Get You Cut

1. Rowing

2. Wrestling

3. Bouldering

4. Surfing

5. Swimming

6. Gymnastics

7. Parkour

8. Sprinting

9. Kayaking

10. Ballet

Some of these I have never heard of and I won't be doing any of these anyway but I'll be thinking about you all sweating while I play bingo at Think Bingo!

Source: foxnews.com

• I've never heard of 7. Parkour.  I gotta go find out what it is.

Thanks Froggy.

blue

EDIT:

omg - check this out

Quick Reply

Please enter your comment.

lbb activities in the last 24 hours

Most viewed forum topics

Feelin froggy<
Feelin froggy United Kingdom 2 months ago

Hi LBB'ers! New listing, Money Reels , was recently tested by our very own From the Players for the Players reviewer. This is yet another Jumpman Gaming brand with an array of promotions and games...
Real Money Deposit/Withdrawal Process at Money Reels

Feelin froggy<
Feelin froggy United Kingdom 2 months ago

Hi LBB'ers! Register with Bingo Loft and claim our exclusive welcome offer upon first deposit! Sign up via our link here . Add £10, Play with £40 + 60 Spins Code: SUPER 1st-time...
LBB Exclusive | Bingo Loft Welcome Offer

Feelin froggy<
Feelin froggy United Kingdom 1 month ago

Hi LBB'ers! Bingo Crazy was the focus of our latest real money review. We tested the brand on January 30, 2024. Our tester experienced a selection of bingo rooms and slots. We're also happy to report...
Real Money Deposit/Withdrawal Process at Bingo Crazy