has an interesting list of bingo statistics:
It is estimated that the global gross gaming yield of bingo (excluding the U.S.) was half a billion dollars in 2006. Forecasters predict that it will grow to one billion dollars by 2010.
It is estimated that the wagering in charitable bingo, which is played in 49 of the 50 United States, is more than $3 billion per year.
Bingo UK: For women between the ages of 20 and 25, bingo has become their most popular leisure activity.
It is believed that about 50,000 of the approximately 3 million land-based bingo players have moved to playing bingo online. 90% of these are below the age of 50, which calls into question the notion that bingo is for older people.
It is thought that about 85% of online players are women.
Even though the online bingo market is growing very fast, only 1% of land-based bingo players have moved on to playing online bingo. This provides evidence that the online market has exceptional potential for greater growth.
There are about 100 million Bingo players worldwide, 80% of Bingo players are women in the 30 - 50 age group. The other 20% o are men in the equivalent age range.
About 85% of bingo players play online bingo and more than 50% of the online bingo players are so dedicated and love the games so much that they play every single day.
Contrary to popular belief, research shows that there is only a relatively small number of bingo players over the age of 65.
Of the online bingo players 20% have been playing for less than 2 years, 20% have been playing for less than 5 years, and 40% have been playing for more than 5 years.
69.2% of online bingo players choose 75 ball bingo
, while 30.8% prefer to play 90 ball Bingo
83% of online bingo players engage in other activities whilst playing online bingo.